Des montagnes à la mer en Nouvelle-Zélande
‘Mountains to Sea’ features some of New Zealand’s stunning wilderness areas. Shot mainly in four National Parks, this short time lapse has over 20 landscape scenes showcasing:
• the volcanic land forms in Tongariro National Park, a World Heritage Site;
• coastal scenes, rock formations and a rain forest in the Paparoa National Park on the South Island’s West Coast;
• the limestone arches and tannin waters of the Oparara River in Kahurangi National Park;
• the back country and alpine areas of Nelson Lakes National Park; and
• other iconic scenes found on some of New Zealand’s tourist routes.
New Zealand has many scenic places of interest crammed into a land mass of 270,500 square kilometers. Mountain ranges, fiords, glaciers, lakes and over 15,000 kilometers of coastline dominate the landscape. It’s no wonder that The Telegraph Travel Awards in London recently named New Zealand “Favourite Country Worldwide” for the third year running.
Making this time lapse has not been without its issues. I’m talking about carrying heavy gear into the back country, battery issues, insects on the lens and the countless hours of post production including re-work and finding the right music to match. But now it’s done ! I take with me the lessons learned from this in the hope of producing something greater.
Thanks in advance for your ‘likes’, ‘shares’ and comments – they’re all greatly appreciated 🙂
Gear and Post Production
Nikon D700, Nikkor 14-24mm f2.8, Dynamic Perception – Stage Zero, Stage One, Stage R, NMX and MX2 controllers, Emotimo TB3 Black, LRTimelapse, Adobe Lightroom, After Effects, and Premier Pro.
HD or UHD footage available for licencing by contacting me through my website or Facebook
Music license – Svay Pak by Tony Anderson